Jenny's Meanderings and Crochet

Meanderings about my life and my latest crochet projects and designs

Name:
Location: North Carolina, United States

Monday, November 13, 2006

It's been a while

Ok, so it's been a while. But I do have a few good excuses:
  1. 1. I started a new job Oct. 1 and have been settling into it
  2. I have been spending a lot of time watching the Joann's that just closed down in my neighboring town as it closed out all of its merchandise
  3. I have been working on a couple projects!
Now, onto the updates. I have been working on a MAM afghan for my mom for Christmas, but it really has not been going a mile a minute....Now, I only have one more strip to finish and then I can swet them all together...YAAAY. I will post pics when I finish it.

I also just finished a poncho for my eldest niece for Christmas. It worked up pretty quickly, but I hated working with the boucle yarn that I bought from Joann's (their brand...no idea how this compares to any other brand)...it was very fragile. I will try to post pics in a day or two.

My next project is going to be a Santa's sack to use sort of like an advent calendar for my nieces.

Finally, my yarn haul from the Joann's that closed yesterday:

First, I found yarn at the following special: Buy 1-14 skeins, 60% off; 15-24 skeins, 70% off; 25+, 80% off. I ended up buying about 30 skeins, all at 80% off...Lots of nice yarn, including some very nice Lion Brand Suede (hoping I have enough for the Romantic Jacket in the last issue of Crochet!).

Pics: This haul is in the lefthand bag of the first pic and in both of the second and third pics.





My second haul from the same store came last Friday when I ran into their $0.50/skein sale for all of their yarns... It is the 2nd bag in the first pic above and in the pic below.

Well, that's all of my news! Take care!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home