Jenny's Meanderings and Crochet

Meanderings about my life and my latest crochet projects and designs

Name:
Location: North Carolina, United States

Friday, August 11, 2006

Update

Ok, it's been a while since I posted, but a lot has been happening:

  • I took the FL bar. As with NC, I have no idea how I did.
  • We took a vacation after the bar.
  • I have been job hunting. I have have had one interview, but they went with someone with more experience (isn't that always the case?). I do have another interview in the works, so cross your fingers for me!
  • Life has intervened...yard maintenance and resulting back pain, eye appointments (I am trying the new Night and Day contacts that you can sleep in...I love them!), much belated house cleaning, a few sewing projects, etc.
As for my crocheting:
  • I finished one of the dresses that I was planning on making my youngest niece fore her birthday. Unfortunately, things didn't quite work out as expected with the dress...we'll see if it actually fits her (I made it in the proper gauge, I swear!). I will post pictures soon.
  • I have also been working on the design for the shirt that I want to make her.
  • I found out that my cousin had a baby 6 weeks ago and nobody told me! You can tell I am out of the loop (for some reason, the family members with children talk to one another but tend to forget those of us without kids...I wonder if they are trying to hint that we need to start working on our own kids...). Anyway, I was first told that my cousin had a baby girl, but my dad was wrong, she had a baby boy, named Gage (sp?). So, I need to whip up a baby blanket. I have been searching for an easy and quick pattern and have decided to go with the car seat blanket from the "Happy Hooker" book only in 3 shades of blue.
  • Finally, I have started sketching out some of my own designs! I currently have one sketched out for an umbrella/purse buddy to connect the two in case of unexpected or sudden showers (It's easier than it sounds). I also have a couple other ideas rambling around my head that I want to try out for Christmas presents for my nieces...I will update you later.

Well, off to get dinner on the table!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home